Tuesday, August 26, 2008

"Getting it right!"

Full Painting
Close-up
This is a partial close-up of my latest work. It belongs to a series that I call Botanicals.
The challenge of letting the idea flow to a canvas is great.
Composition/size/colour/ style all have to be taken into consideration.
While the process (after completion) seems easy, the intensity of
"Getting it right"
is always there.
(Full painting is just above)
An artist is never satisfied with her work, even after it is supposedly finished.
Something always looks like it could be clearer/deeper/more defined and added to.

Saying "It is done" is a form of getting it right, and when you not only say It is done, and then leave it alone for good,
you have accomplished a work of art.

Stopping at the right time is crucial.
Hopefully I have learned this.
I have a lot of beginnings in my life every day.
Very few ends, as life tends to go on.
Here's to digging in your heels and saying
"ENOUGH"
Once in a while it is not a bad thing to do!
~~Kathleen

2 comments:

Katie Dee's Pics said...

Katie Dee's Pics said...

Hi Kathleen I am happy to let you paint one of my photographs. It was a pleasant surprise to get your request. Glad you liked the Devonian Gardens pics, it is a most unusual place to find gardens I thought. I had a lovely time in Calgary 2006 with my son and family and went to lots a places around there. Maybe or paths even crossed at some point.I have loads of pics from that holiday with the Rockies in the background.
I have browsed thro your blog and you seem to be one very talented lady. It is now bookmarked on my computer for easy access to view.

Kathleen Sauerbrei said...

Thank-you so much for your kind permission and wonderful words.
We are all artists in life each of us in a different medium.
Your photography is wonderful!
~~Kathleen