Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"Every once in a while Miracles Happen"


I have the wonderfully good fortune of being in (almost) daily contact with one of the finest Macro photographers out there.
Her name is Kristina (Tina) Kotarski also known as Hellfirediva.
She is an award winning photographer, and I must admit, I spend a lot of time as an artist looking at her site and drooling.
Luckily for me, (a miracle) Tina has given me permission to attempt to try and translate her work into my Medium of Acrylics.
This is my first attempt at doing this and I hope that some day I can do her work justice.
Please look at her work here....
http://www.hellfirediva.com/gallery/gallery.htm
This is my rendition of Tinas photograph of a tiny frog/toad sitting under a Toadstool and being dwarfed by the Morning Dew.


"Morning Dew"
30cm X 45cm
Acrylics on canvas



~~Kathleen



1 comment:

5windsOfvenus said...

oohh super cute.... makes me feel like faeries might pop out at any moment!