Thursday, May 28, 2009

I am Offlcial as of tomorrow.

Yep, I am officially a Senior citizen tomorrow!
My life is good, and not for a nano second would I change a moment of it.
I contemplated what and how I would approach this day here.
What could I say that had meaning?
I decided to re-post a blog entry from a while back about a
"Self-Portrait" I was challenged to do of myself.
Everything (in my mind at least) remains the same as the words below!
I hope my next 65 years are as good.
~~Kathleen

"Self-Portrait"

(Acrylics on canvas 8' X 10")


My comments re the unusual design:
"I had a very hard time with this, I do not look at myself"
"I see my hands, the Moon, my Grandsons, but I do not see me.
I see the art that I paint, what I sew and design, I see my family and am proud of them, and that is me.

At this time in my life I see myself as at peace with the world, free, happy, and contented.
Learning to be a good Buddhist is important to me.


I hope that others see me this way as well.

'A person that loves, is loved, likes her lumpy body, and is happy in her own skin, and cares not what others think, when she dances naked underneath the moon.
~~Kathleen"

5 comments:

Studio Yaahl said...

Happy Birthday Kathleen! I so love being in the company of women that have lived a life, given life and are happy with life.

I love your self portrait - it speaks to the age old question - are we bound in this world as the person who stares back at us from the mirror or can we be more? You obviously have found a way to be more.

Maria (Mary) Bales said...

Happy Birthday Kathleen.
Ilove the way you look. You look like someone I'd like to be friends with. Someone who I could laugh with, cry with and have a glass of wine with.
I've just had my 75th BD. I took it quite hard, but my 18 year old GD gave me a card filled with her truths, about how she loved my being in her life and what an inspiration I was to her. Me....the old hag....well then, I guess old age isn't that bad.

Maura said...

Sorry I have taken so long to read this. I love you you are so happy, that you see the beauty in everything, that you get excited when Marshall gets excited and that you sit and read with Shaughn. You have told me often that I wasn't a bad kid but I definately was challenging because you taught me to think for myself (ha bit you in the butt didn't it). But as well you taught me how to be a great parent. I have overflowing with joy to have shared the past 38 years with you and I promise to make your next 65 just as joyful. We won't always agree, but I am happy you are going to be a part of my daily life and that you are my mother! I love you with all my Heart and Soul and welcome home.

Ellene Breedlove Davis said...

Happy Birthday Kathleen,

Your painting says to me that you are a giver, that family comes first.

In life and as an artist I know this truth!

Ellene Breedlove Davis

Katie Dee's Pics said...

Hi Kathleen
Sorry I am late saying "Happy Birthday", but may I welcome you to the Senior Citizen league. May you have many more years of painting and enjoying life.
Fond regards,
Katie.