Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Hiatus is over!


What we have been seeing for the last four days.....A Hoar Frost
to end all Hoar frosts.
To view these and any photos full size in this blog,
Please click on the picture.





For those of you following this blog, I do apologize.
I have been busy with real life, and just had to change some of my habits and reorganize others.
Hopefully now, everything is in working order and I will be back to doing my normal things again!
Blogging (this one) is at the top of my daily "To Do" list.
I have been very deeply immersed in my art as of late.
I have been working on a new series of paintings.
These paintings all depict "Real Women!"
Not the women one sees on TV/In Magazines and or any type of advertising.
I am talking about the Real Women Of our normal every work day life.
Like you & Me.
Women that have larger than depicted stomachs (Horrors!) and a bump on the nose
(as opposed to a Nose Job!)
Thick ankles, maybe short women. women that do not have perfect hair, and rough skin on hands due to real work.
Women that deal daily with a disability in a world that is not built for anything but the
(supposed)perfect human to navigate.
So, understandably, I have been totally engrossed with this series of paintings as they are all dear to my heart.

I am sincerely going to maintain my blog with no less than three posts weekly.
As some of you are aware, not all my posts are about art, but as well, my everyday life.
I am surrounded by beauty and a very rugged rural area.
I am living with my daughter & son-in-law and two wonderful grandsons
(ages 7 & almost 3 years of age)
So life is never boring and always changind.
Welcome back my friends, I will try to give you a few minutes of enjoyment through my eyes & words a few times each week!



3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Glad to see you back at it, but the break was worth it for these wonderful new pieces!

Katlee Shank said...

Hey, I had a nose job! Of course, mine was due to being unable to breath out of my nose, and the dumb doctor took the bump from the middle of my nose and put it at the end, but... Er... wait, what was I saying? ;)

Glad to see ya back to doing it, dear. Looking forward to it, and loving the pictures!

Kathleen Sauerbrei said...

Thanks Kathleen & Kat.
Tehehehe Kat, there are nose jobs and then there are nose jobs. Yours was a winner, not cosmetic (not that you'd ever need cosmetic anything.) You are lovely as you are.

Kathleen, my next few entries will cover the "Real Women" series, and yes, I have loved doing them.