Saturday, January 30, 2010

"Real Women III"


"Every once in a while, I toss my memories in the air. And when they fall back into my mind, I have the joy of visiting them anew"
Acrylics & mixed media on canvas
12" X 12"
SOLD
Detail of the Gold/Silver & Copper foil representing her memories....

This is a painting that I have become very emotionally attached to.
It tells of an older woman, and her joy in being where she is at the moment, and how she embraces the life she now has.
This is likely the most joyous painting I have ever done.
Her memories are revisited with understanding and great happiness!
Where we have been in life makes where we are now so important.
It takes many memories to make a whole person!
~~Kathleen

2 comments:

K. Bustillos said...

Beautifully written!

Kathleen Sauerbrei said...

Thank-you so much Kim!
~~Kathleen