Friday, April 23, 2010

"Rachels Muse I"


Many of you that follow this blog are aware that I have a dear friend that is an accomplished photographer.
And, you then, are aware that I often use a lot of her photographs as inspiration for a painting.
Thanking someone that inspires you is a very hard thing to do.
A while back Rachel posted a photograph that she took of her son holding his Oboe.
I fell totally in love with this Photograph and decided to paint it.
(What on Earth was I thinking?)
So this painting is for Rachel, Just because.

I am known for my inability to paint the human form.
Yep, even hands.
But I got to it, and after weeks of working on this painting (Some of which I was quite ill and did nothing), I am finally at the stage where I can begin to refine Jacobs hands.
Scary to say the least.
I have to finish the area where the reed is, and will do that a wee bit later....Kind of like a gift to myself when I finish those talented wonderful hands that belong to Jacob.

Hope you like it so far.
The background is not finished yet, but will remain painted in a matte black.
Please let me know how you think I am doing here, and anything as well that needs work.
Your eyes are important, as often while working on a painting such as this one cannot see the obvious flaws.
~~Kathleen

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great work!

Not Alone said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cheryl Todd Shergold said...

I love this piece!!!

Maria (Mary) Bales said...

Looks good so far. I'll be looking for the finish.
Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. Be strong.

AK said...

Kathleen, this is a brilliant painting. Lovely composition.

Lucie Theroux said...

Beautiful !!!!! :)

amanda archambault said...

Oh I'm loving it! Musical paintings are always fun

Great post! Thanks for sharing!

toppedoffwitharedhat.blogspot.com
xoxo, A