Monday, September 17, 2012

Old favorites, New ways of looking at them

A few years ago, I had a friend that went to Japan and explored.
While there on a sort of Pilgrimage he took some wonderful photos of what impressed him about the serenity of the countryside.
I have three favorite paintings I had done  from these photos.
One of a hot spring, the second a series of ponds feeding off a Hot spring and the other of a set of stairs carved all the way up a mountainside to a Shrine at the top.
While all three are wildly different in colour/subject  and style, they are such favorites of mine, that I have never parted with them.

"Falling Water"
18" X 24"
Acrylics on canvas.
(My very first attempt to paint water)

~~

"Steps of Miijima"
Acrylics on canvas
12"X24"
(My first attempt to paint depth without a horizon)

~~

"Ponds  of the Enlightened Spring"
Acrylics and Mixed media
24" X 24"
(My first attempt with using molding paste (stones & rocks) to create definition)

I hope you enjoy these paintings, as each was in some way a new ground achieved in my learning to paint process.
~~Kathleen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These Paintings are Beeeeeeyoooootiful, Kathleen!

Anonymous said...

These are absolutely lovely!!!!

Diane

Kathleen Sauerbrei said...

Please note the first anonymous comment was made by Nicki.

Regina said...

They are so peaceful to look at. I love them! Thank you for sharing them with us and I certainly can understand why you are keeping them1