Tuesday, November 3, 2009

"Marigolds and Fireflies"




I have been working on this for a long time now!
Everytime I think it is done, and put it on the rack,
Something draws me back to it.
And I "fix" it a wee bit more.

I think now that it is done.
It is representational of a childhood memory
A memory of my brothers and I chasing Fireflies in the evening.
I remember that once we ran through Grannys Marigolds and her response was that
"Everything was fine when children chased Fireflies"
To her, in her advanced age, Fireflies were Magic, and children should chase them in the evening.

This painting really says a lot to me.
It shows the magic of the night and the wonderful
lights of hope that come with the dark.
~~Kathleen

1 comment:

Kathie Papasso said...

Fantastic Painting Kathleen!!
What wonderful memories, you definatley can feel the magic of the fireflies in this one!!
Great work, Love the background textures!