Monday, June 23, 2008

"Self Portrait "with commentary


Painted for a "Self-Portrait" challenge @ Wet Canvas Acrylics forum.
(Acrylics on canvas 8'X 10")


My comments re the unusual design:
"I had a very hard time with this, I do not look at myself"
"I see my hands, the Moon, my Grandsons, but I do not see me.
I see the art that I paint, what I sew and design, I see my family and am proud of them, and that is me.

At this time in my life I see myself as at peace with the world, free, happy, and contented.
Learning to be a good Buddhist is important to me.
So,
A non-traditional Self Portrait.

I hope that others see me this way as well.

'A person that loves, is loved, likes her lumpy body, and is happy in her own skin, and cares not what others think, when she dances naked underneath the moon.
~~Kathleen"

No comments: